samedi 30 mars 2013

A little vision about the future


I would like to take a pause from writing technical articles and share my vision about the future.

     Well I do have a vision and that vision comes from visiting small businesses, every time I visit a small coffee shop I say to myself this man could really use a software program that going to help him do his job better, the same happens when I visit a small grocery store, a carpenter, a lawyer, and a doctor. 

Then I started thinking if everyone have a little software of his own, we can start connecting those software and literally map the word. I’m not talking about 3D simulation that’s easy and virtual, I’m talking about real data and real objects, where every software becomes a node of exchanging data, a real world that could never be called virtual again. 

After having this nice world, I would like to move to the next and the most exciting step, which is including humans in the system, you see the GUI(Graphical user interfaces (those windows and buttons)) was a great breakthrough but GUI is not very natural, Most of the time you took some time to understand how the GUI of a given software works, and when you have millions of software it’s very bad to understand and use all those GUIs. So let’s eliminate all those graphics, and use no GUI at all. But the question how we are going to interact with those software?

Well by using the most natural way which is the brain. Human brains should be able to upload, download data, also it must be able to command software, imagine you can book your trip just by following this flow:

 You think I need a vacation
 Your brain search for available trips
Your brain download those trips into your memory
Your brain choose the best trip for you and book it

Am’ I talking science fiction? No I’m not, we are doing the same thing right now just we are using different techniques and we are obliged to use our eyes as an information encoder machine (this is all what GUI does it represent the information in understandable format for the eye so it can take the information and convert it to another format understandable by the brain), I’m simply talking about removing this middleware encoder and talk directly with a brain in interconnected system.

I guess you like to ask me now, is it possible to talk directly to the brain? I would like to happily answers you “yes”, I worked on a project that aims to help people command a wheel chair using a combination if eyes and brain, when I worked on the system it was very basic, we just determine the gaze of the person and calculate his concentration rate by amplifying his brain signals then based on the concentration rate we move the chair in the direction of the person’s gaze. But the most exciting part, is that the brain use electric signals just like computers, and internet. So all we have to do is understand brains protocols and code the data in a way the brain can understand it. After that you will never have to use your eyes and go through a complex GUI, so if you like to know all about the middle age history, is easy all you have to do is surfing to Wikipedia using your thoughts and download all the information that you want directly to your brain cells.

I hope that you enjoy reading the article, I know is complex vision but I have this believing that everything is possible and if you have a difficult goal just break it to small steps and finally and most importantly surround yourself with people that going to help you achieve your goal either they know it or not. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire